Thursday, 28 January 2010

The glass debate

Is it half empty or half full? Which way are we really supposed to look at it?

So my yoga teacher is this blonde aussie amazonian beauty - she is one of the most awesome people I know. She is beautiful - inside and out - and I seriously mean that - and on top of that she is just this amazing human being - kind, caring, thoughtful and yes you guessed it SINGLE!!!!

So she's popped up on IM - just to check in really - find out why she hasn’t seen me for ages. So we had a little chat about stuff - she has been a broad pair of shoulders for me to lean on when things have been a bit tough and she knows me quite well - anyway we were chatting and she confessed to feeling really unsure about whether she would ever meet someone - she has an amazing life, friends, family, business etc. however does want someone to share it with. (It always comes back to *boys* doesn’t it?!) Anyway I'm like wtf? This is like I've never heard her before - she is always soooooo upbeat and positive normally - for once it was me proffering pearls of *wisdom* - god help her!

In the end I 'spose it comes down to perspective doesn’t it?

We can all have a bad day and see things in a very dim light. The trick/knack/whatever is to recognise it and then choose how you want to deal with it. You can choose to wallow in your own vat of self pity and generally moan about how terrible things are. Alternatively you can choose to face up to the fact that even though you're not 100% happy - you're still alive - no one has died (well I hope not anyway) and that you will make sure that tomorrow is be a better, brighter and generally bubblier day. This is also known as manning up.

No comments:

Post a Comment