Friday, 22 January 2010

A starter for 10...

Blimey. I'm nearly 38 years old. And I've suddenly got down with the kids and decided that *blogging* might be a good idea. Mmmhh.

Well actually what I decided was that I would share what goes on in my diminutive little brain with the world. I find it amusing. Highly amusing some days. Plus I find it quite cathartic to write it all down. Removes the emotion and gives you that little bit of perspective you know?

Anyhoo - it’s Friday night - in the last 20 minutes three people have all popped up on IM asking if I am ok. All because I am in on a Friday night. Dear god. Weirdly enough though it’s not that unusual for me to be in on a Fritag. More unusual for me to be online. Not very rock and roll am I?

So dear reader what do I want to share today? Not sure really. It’s been a bumpy old emotional rollercoaster of a week. I've been very grumpy - in fact I've bored myself now with my grumpiness. I've eaten enough chocolate to sink a battleship. Which didn’t help with the general feeling of grumpiness. Or frumpiness for that matter. There's been a little too much navel gazing. There's been a little too much randomness. A modicum of randomness is a good thing - keeps people guessing - go past a certain threshold and people just think you're a plain nuts. Not a good look.

The net result of this white knuckle ride was a contemplative journey home tonight having bought a daft self help book at Waterloo. Minor aside - have you ever noticed how many self help books they sell in WH Smiths at Waterloo? A lot. I can only deduce from this that a lot of depressed people travel through Waterloo. Uhoh deviation - back to contemplating - the decision that I made was to start writing a blog and to man up. A sexist comment some might say - man up not writing a blog natch - girls normally are the protestors - however it works for me.

Saturday will be day 1 of *manning up* - also known as Project GAP (Grow a Pair) - and to kick off this monumental experiment I am going to dye my hair peroxide blonde. That'll scare a few people! Me included.

On that note - I'm doing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment