Thursday, 28 January 2010

What's it all about Alfie?

Earlier someone said to me "I like your style" - as in one person’s endorsement of another’s actions. It got me thinking about style - as in general style. In the visual sense. Am I making any? Sense that is. Most probably not knowing me.

Anyway - this style thing - I've always been in awe of people that I think look / act / behave in a stylish way. How can people be that comfortable in their own skin?

Anyone that *knows* me has an inkling about the HUGE hang ups I have - it just makes me no different from anyone else I suppose. We'd all love to be taller / skinnier / prettier etc. When actually what we should do is focus on what we have - rather than aspiring to have something totally unrealistic - and make the best of it.

As part of Project GAP (yes that chestnut again!) I've decided that I should follow my own advice. And learn to love my own style. So the blonde thing (which has generated some very interesting comments to say the least) is about me working out what *my* style is. I've always been totally conservative - never wanted to stand out - never wanted to stick my head about the parapet. Time for a change me thinks.

2 comments: