Sunday, 24 January 2010

And the one thing I forgot to mention......

Is that it was an anniversary for me yesterday. And I completely forgot about it too until someone randomly said something that reminded me.

Drum roll please - I've been single for two years. Well actually its now 2 years and one day. That's 731 days.... Actually there was a leap year in there - make that 732 days. That's a long time you know?

I started to wonder - is it a good thing to remember *those* kind of anniversaries? And my answer - well yes I think it is a good thing. It’s important - it’s a part of my life - and with hindsight I wouldn't change it at all. No sireee Bob!

I started to think about the person that I used to be and the person that I am now. Two very different people. One definitely wouldn't have dyed her hair blonde that's for sure! I always thought being on your own was one of the most scary things you could do. And it is. However it’s also one of the most mad, crazy, liberating and exhausting things I've ever done in my entire life and I love it.

Like anyone I have days where I'm angry at everyone, lonely, fed up and all that tosh - days where I wonder when / if / how I will meet the person that will put a grin on my face - but you know what - that will happen. One day. Most probably when I'm least expecting it and totally not ready for it. But in the meantime I am going to crack on with the job at hand - I like my life now. I take things a little less seriously, a little less personally and a little more at face value. And that's a good thing - I think that feeling deserves its very own *like* button.

No comments:

Post a Comment